How To Make Yourself Up Boy-Friendly (he likey!)
We all want to avoid a make-up meltdown due to
cake face. Especially when a cute boy is around! There’s no excuse in the 21st century to have anything orange smear or run, or ever come off on his shirt when you hug him hello. The other important rule of thumb in make-up for dates is less is more, always, always, always. Ask 10 guys when they think girls look the prettiest and 9 out of 10 will say when they look natural and are not too made up-like we are all born goddesses with perfect, glowy, dewey, skin and naturally flushed cheeks with eyelashes for days (I WISH), think Giselle or any Sports Illustrated Swimsuit model and you’ll get where I’m going with this.
So here are a few tips to look and feel naturally pretty, while not coming off on him, or anything else for that matter, on a big date:
1. Use a mascara that is soft and NOT starchy. You want your man to feel like he can pet your lashes. Kind of like the way we hate it when they use stiff, hard hair gel but like it when they use soft pomade that allows us to run our fingers through their hair. Don’t use a mascara that makes your lashes stiff and clumpy, aka tarantula lashes, gross.
2. Switch to a waterproof eyeliner. There are amazing waterproof liners out there now that are even smudgeable before they set, then stay put for hours and come in pencil, gel liner and liquid forms. Make sure to keep your liner thin and natural looking-no Taylor Momsen look-a-likes please.
3. Skip eyeshadow. The liner and mascara are enough to define and bring out your eyes.
4. Use a color-stay foundation that matches your skin tone perfectly and stays put (look for ones that say “lasting”); thin it out in the palm of your hand first then apply it with a pre-wettened sponge. Wait a few minutes then pat with a tissue to remove any excess that could come off on his shirt.
5. Opt for a cheek stain on your cheeks (my fave!), they look more natural and last much longer compared to powdery blushes. Use a lip stain (or your cheek stain!) for a sheer hint of color that’s kiss proof. No sticky, sparkly glosses that will end up in your hair and all over his face, ick. Once it’s dried, you can finish with a flavored lip balm if you really like him…
Then, simply sit back and bask in glory of all the amazing compliments you will be receiving from him on how naturally beautiful you are and how much he loves that about you!
Post Footer automatically generated by wp-posturl plugin for wordpress.